Group Engineer - BIM Information Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Information Manager Responsibilities:
- Works alongside the Design/Project manager to integrate outcomes and link information delivery with design delivery.
- Works with Clients teams to help facilitate the set up and delivery of programme in accordance with their EIR (if they have one), if no EIR is present and BIM level 2 is mandated- the IM works with Client to advise on key elements of the EIR, however the BEP becomes the effective EIR.
- Sets out the information exchange protocols, focussing on interoperability, programme, QA, frequency, purpose of exchange.
- Ensures information management processes (ISO19650) and collaborative behaviours are fully embraced across the project
- Works with the project team to embed the ethos of BIM delivery, including focused appraisal of teams capability and requirements for training.
- Brings to life the interdependencies of information in design delivery and embodies the contractual deliverables through a structured Master Information Delivery Plan (not just a MODEL information delivery plan)
- Enforce the Project BIM standards for all disciplines and put in place suitable QAQC governance
- Work with the document control and design team to ensure delivery of the information requirements is in line with BEP
- Work with external parties involved in project delivery to ensure information exchange between all parties is planned, structured and well managed
- Maintains the model register and ensure information creation by any party is planned and communicated.
- Must have an engineering or architecture background
- Hands on experience of delivering multi-discipline projects
- Ideally have experience / awareness of BIM software’s, primarily Autodesk & Bentley
- Ideally have experience with developing digital processes and workflows to support project delivery
- Must be well versed in international BIM standards, primarily the UK PAS1192:2 & 3 & (ISO19650)
Qualifications & Attributes
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering / Architecture with minimum 5 years’ experience in design coordination between multiple disciplines.
- Constantly striving towards continuous improvement and innovation.
- Flexible and engaging with resilience, drive and self-motivation
- Ability to exercise initiative and take ownership of project issues
- Ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment but also to work independently and in a client environment
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with customers
- Highly IT literate with excellent command of standard BIM and office software, knowledge of IT infrastructure and hardware
- Highly process based thinker