Group Engineer - PHE (Design)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects. As a provider of multi-discipline technical services, Atkins is committed to design excellence and delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
Working in a multi-discipline team of engineers & architects, providing a professional design service to our clients, this is a great opportunity for professionals to gain technical exposure within an internationally renowned consultancy.
Current and forthcoming projects include concept through to detailed design of complex healthcare, education, mixed use, office, retail, residential & hospitality facilities in India, Middle East and around the world.
Responsibilities shall include but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects on multidisciplinary projects.
- Applies professional knowledge and experienced judgement and independently design complex projects
- Develop concept, schematic and detailed designs for all types of projects and work on multidisciplinary team on very large project.
- Shall check and carry out independent reviews of work done by the team.
- Provide technical direction and on the job training to junior members of the team.
- Able to present their technical work and that of their team on the project.
- Provide site backup on technical/design issues, where required
- Shall ensure effective communication and coordination on assigned tasks between all the disciplines.
- Managing one’s own time and time of others reporting to them.
- Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities, but will not have formal client or sales accountability.
- Responsible for compliance with Atkins QA/QC procedures and implementation of procedures.
- Keep abreast of latest trends and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical or Environmental engineering from a recognised Institute with a minimum of 20 of relevant industry experience or Masters from recognised institute with a minimum of 18 years of relevant industry experience.
- Proficient in sustainable PHE design & engineering practice.
- Knowledge of software’s such as Hevacomp, HASS, Autowater, Sewer CAD, EPANET and Loop etc.
- Proficiency in Fire protection & detection systems design using both local codes and NFPA.
- In addition to proficiency in Indian standards, shall have working knowledge of atleast one of the international codes of practice such as British, American, IPC, NFPA etc.
- Experience of working on international standards is an added advantage.
- Membership of institutes such as IPA, IWWA, CIBSE etc.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT-MEP, current construction practices and contracting standards.