Health & Safety Manager
TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
As part of the Trillium project based in Ottawa, we are looking for a Health & Safety Manager. The position reports to the Vice-President - HSSE and will perform a strategic and hands-on role by providing guidance and technical support to operations as it relates to Health & Safety as responsible for Managing site specific requirements of Health & Safety Management Program, in accordance with local and international legislation
• Operating and maintaining a H&S system complete with associated functions documentation and committees
• Investigating all H&S related reports and ensuring that the principles of continuous improvement are applied
• Keeping up to date all related policies and procedures.
• Carrying out compliance auditing of sub-contractors.
• Take such measures as are reasonable in accordance with Good Industry Practice to maintain and secure the Site, New Municipal Infrastructure and System Infrastructure to prevent access of any persons or creatures
• Provide H&S leadership thus establishing commitment by promoting best practice.
• Chair H&S meetings as required.
• Ensure that processes and procedures needed for the H&S management system are established, implemented and maintained.
• Monitor effectiveness of the H&S system and make recommendations for continual improvement.
• Recommend annual H&S objectives and monitor progress.
• Report monthly to Client on the performance of the HS&E system and any need for improvement.
• Support and advise all directors, managers, consultants and other staff members with regard to conducting accident, incident and dangerous occurrence investigations and cause analysis.
• Review accident and incident statistics, identify trends and recommend preventive and corrective action.
• Review H&S compliance with applicable legislative and municipal requirements.
• Identify and advise on relevant legislation
• Ensuring the Health and safety of tenants and visitors.
• Identify and advise on H&S training needs.
• Ensure best practice is maintained in line with the introduction of new or amended legislation and/or guidance.
• Ensure the promotion of awareness of H&S requirements.
• Be responsible for the notification of classified major injuries, dangerous occurrences and reportable occupational diseases to the relevant enforcing authorities.
• Adhere with all SNC and the client HSE policies and procedures.
• Canadian Registered Safety Professional designation a must
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in the development, implementation, and audit of an IMS-OHS for projects of similar scope and complexity
• Successful completion of COR Programs course
• Successful completion of OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor
We offer an opportunity to work on varied and interesting projects in Canada and around the world. Salary will be commensurate with your experience. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.