Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Henderson, NV Team as a Highway Engineer.
Under supervision, applies technical professional proficiency to the investigation of Roadway engineering problems, the coordination of project activities, and the preparation of preliminary plans and documents. On design assignments, progresses toward learning how to clearly convey the design intent through engineering drawings and specifications.
On engineering and planning assignments, continues to develop a knowledge of the fundamentals of Roadway engineering processes and to apply them successfully to operating systems. On construction assignments, continues to develop an understanding of construction methods and the translation of engineering plans and specifications into
constructed product. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures or equipment, to carry out diversified Roadway engineering projects or phases of a single project with relatively few complex features and requiring the use of analysis, interpretation, and deductive reasoning.
- Performs design of roadway, storm drain, utility and other infrastructure elements of a project using AutoCAD Civil 3D and or MicroStation/OpenRoads.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with 2 years' experience since B.S. or 1 year since M.S.
- The typical incumbent has 3 to 5 years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Technical writing, computer and communications skills required. AutoCAD skills required.
- E.I. or EIT is usually required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles