Why join us?
We are hiring! The HR Representative is an integral part of our Nuclear team who will complete HR related duties including pre-employment, and support to HR managers. This position is based out of our office in Oak Ridge, TN.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Is responsible for the entry and maintenance of data in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS). Coordinates pre-employment activities for new hires, administers the fitness for duty program and special projects and provides support to assigned HR managers.
- Is responsible for the data integrity of the HRIS and serves as the sole source for data entry into, and update of, the HRIS system database from information taken from confidential employee records and other various documentation while ensuring personnel actions remain compliant with HR policies and procedures.
- Works with HR managers to ensure accurate and efficient processing, onboarding and orientation of new employees.
- Works with Payroll and other HR staff to ensure efficient and timely data communication and transfer of data between the HR and Payroll departments.
- Assists in maintaining employee files that include any necessary back-up documentation associated with the data entry action. Works closely with HR managers to support employee relations activities. Scans employee files into electronic databases.
- Provides support to recruiting, including conducting background checks, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What will you contribute?
- High School diploma or GED
- Requires US Citizenship
- Some college in business or a related field preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of HR experience is preferred
- Experience with Oracle is preferred
- Basic proficiency using Microsoft Office products; advanced proficiency preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with confidential material
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs