HSE Advisor (3 months)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in the Sarina Office.
To provide HSE guidance and support to the construction management team of Beralta Construction Ltd. during construction of the NOVA COP3E Project. The successful candidate will be the contractor’s lead representative for HSE and will assist in implementing and monitoring the HSE Policies and Procedures of Beralta during all phases of construction. Multiple locations will be utilized during the construction execution so mobility will be a requirement of the role.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Understand the requirements of the Beralta HSE management system to ensure project HSSE plan is implemented in daily work activities on site during construction.
- Perform HSSE induction for all new employees in line with the Company and Project site HSSE rules and regulations in the language understood by them.
- Assist in scheduling, arranging and delivering HSSE / B2B training effectively to employees to increase and maintain high level of HSSE awareness
- Prepare B2B HSSE training record using attendance sheets, Bluesky, training logs and training registers
- Keep HSSE training matrix current
- Communication of HSE Policy, applicable legal requirements, HSSE information and lessons learned to all personnel / in the area of responsibility.
- Participate in / facilitate preparation, review and modifications of risk assessments as required; for all activities of operation.
- Assist Supervisors to complete accident / incident forms for on-site and off-site accidents related to employees.
- Lead / Participate in accident / incident investigation and reporting as necessary and follow up the corrective actions until completion.
- Ensure tools and equipment’s including vehicles are inspected, tested and color coded as required by relevant procedure and inspections recorded using appropriate form.
- Ensure emergency response preparedness provisions / plans in place and awareness amongst employees.
- Perform inspection of fire detection and firefighting equipment regularly and report findings to responsible individuals for corrective actions.
- Perform Level 1 HSSE inspections as stated in project HSSE Plan and ensure senior management, level 2 and level 3 inspections are performed.
- Monitor work area environment through the pro-active enforcement of HSE rules and regulations.
- Advice / guide employees on selection, use, limitations, maintenance and storage of personal protective equipment and monitor the compliance.
- Closely monitor the compliance with permit to work system as applicable.
- Ensure work platforms are safe to use and meets site requirements related to access, egress and work platforms.
- Monitor provisions made for heat / cold stress management during hot weather and cold related issues in winter months.
- Regular inspection of first aid facility and replenishment of required items. Record inspections in appropriate form.
- Monitor subcontractors HSSE compliance with IMS HSSE rules and regulations and provide feedback to management.
- Prepare and submit necessary reports to the Construction Manager and applicable Project Management Team once identified.
- Participate in audits and monitor follow up and closeout of corrective actions for the findings raised during internal and external HSE audits.
- Proper allocation of sub-ordinates in maintaining safe and healthy work environment through routine monitoring and proper time management.
- Participate and provide necessary input for HSE meetings to review HSE performance and participate in client meetings as required.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationship between company, clients and its subcontractors.
- Understand and follow routes of communication as per organization chart.
What will you contribute?
- 3 to 5 years related work experience including 1 to 2 years in similar size / nature of projects.
- NCSO / CRSP,
- HSE qualifications recognized locally or internationally e.g. OSHA, NEBOSH, IOSH, Industrial Safety diploma governed y respective government organization.
- Knowledge of OHSAS: 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001
- Computer literate – proficient in MS Office, Power point etc.
- Supervisory skills
- Knowledge of internal / external auditing process. (added advantage)
- Investigation skills (moderate)
- Report writing. (moderate)
- Communication skills.
- Presentation skills (moderate)
- First aid training
- Client policies and procedures (added advantage)
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com