HSSE Senior Advisor – USA
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Exton, PA, and reports to our Power Grid and Industrial Solutions (PGIS) Director, Health, Safety, Security & Environment. It is responsible for supporting client improvement initiatives, Leading/participating in internal audits to assess compliance with regulatory standards and management system requirements.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Assess HSSE performance and management systems of contractors.
- Prepare Project HSSE Plans.
- Act as a process resource in the development of Project HSSE Risk Registers and Job Hazard Analysis.
- Lead incident investigations using Incident Cause Analysis Method (ICAM) methodology.
- Monitor closure of corrective actions from incident investigations and audits.
- Develop and enhance HSSE policies and management system processes to meet client and SNC-Lavalin corporate and PGIS or Infrastructure Sector requirements.
- Provide HSSE training, such as LOTO, Behavior Interaction Program, HSSE orientations for staff and contractors etc.
- Conduct HSSE inspections of worksites.
- Lead and coordinate new HSSE initiatives.
- Develop HSSE communication materials for internal staff and contractors.
- Monitor changes to regulatory and other requirements, assess impact on company operations, and implement required measures for compliance.
- Provide support to PGIS staff and leadership on HSSE matters primarily and other BUs and Sectors as workload permits.
- Manage the system to monitor HSSE training requirements and delivery.
What will you contribute?
- English - Reading-Superior, Writing-Superior, Oral-Superior.
- Experience in working with a defined HSE management system.
- Familiarity with ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 an asset.
- 5 years of HSE related experience in a construction environment.
- Some travel to client and project sites will be required. 25-50%.
- Hydro, Power Delivery, or Industrial construction experience is an asset.
- Professional designation (eg: CRSP, CSP, CHSC) an asset.
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Occupational Health and Safety an asset.
- Demonstrated track record of working successfully with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with compliance and management system audits an asset.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure, and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs