Hydropower Engineer SME
Hydropower Engineer SME
Dam & Hydropower Engineer
Why Join us?
This position is based out of our office in Kirkland, WA, and reports to our VP Business Operations, Power Solutions. It is responsible for possessing a deep and broad base of knowledge of dam/hydropower industry in the US, with emphasis on the Pacific Northwest as well as in states with significant dam/hydropower infrastructure.
The Dam & Hydropower Engineer candidate needs to posse’s dam engineering experience with a strong background in the fields of geotechnical, civil/structural, or hydraulic engineering.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Supports dam/hydropower owners in providing design-engineering services related to engineering assessments and rehabilitation/upgrade of their dams and/or hydropower infrastructure.
- Maintains strong relationships with the private and public utilities including federal and governmental organizations.
- Helps execute and lead technical tasks, and will interact directly with our clients, and potential clients.
- Supports projects related to hydropower and water retaining structures, some workload may be dedicated to other types of energy projects.
What will you contribute?
- Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science in Engineering or MS in Engineering, preferably Civil engineering with a diverse/strong background in geotechnical or structural engineering.
- Minimum 10– 15 years of related professional experience.
- Proven ability to lead multi-discipline teams of engineers and designers.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, including identification of critical path items to ensure deliverable deadlines are met.
- Ability to focus on the big picture to effectively and efficiently provide services that meet client needs, while also having the ability to identify and analyze details that are critical to project outcomes.
- Willingness to collaborate with other SNC-Lavalin teams in the US and abroad, to develop business with exiting clients with dam/hydropower assets.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure, and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs