Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) Specialist
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in the Toronto Office.
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
Join SNC-Lavalin’s Industrial Division and help change the face of manufacturing and infrastructure operations. We are looking for talented and motivated thinkers who want to play a central role in the design, development, and deployment of leading edge advanced industrial control and data management systems. Our growing team in Toronto is in need of an engineer who is willing to execute high profile and technically demanding projects for a range of Fortune 500 clients.
The successful candidate will rely on their technical skill, their passion for making things better, and their creativity to architect technical solutions in the field of Industry 4.0 and Industrial data systems. The successful candidate must be able to manage projects from start to finish and to take ownership for project deliverables. They will also become tightly integrated with both our process engineers, as well as mechanical and electrical team, and work together to deliver best-in-class solutions, supporting a range of design and build mandates in the industrial sector.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Support activities relating to demonstrations, Proof of Concept (PoC) for various industrial systems with our different vendor’s software solutions
- Assess the customer’s application, troubleshoot and diagnose issues through research and/or re-creation to determine the root cause
- Contribute to automation design reports covering Industry 4.0 systems, OT networks, control networks, and control software and systems architectures
- Develop user and operating manuals
- Provide training on the developed applications and procedures for operations and maintenance
- Monitor field deployments
What will you contribute?
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Full Stack developer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Industrial, or Computer Engineering required
- Experience with data connectors such as MQTT, Kafka, LoRa, Sigfox or other IoT Protocols
- OPC-UA, OPC-DA
- Networking, virtualization implementation (VMWare or Microsoft Hyper-V), database programming, and Microsoft OS configuration, is a plus.
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) or other IoT cloud services
- Linux knowledge
- Knowledge of VMWare or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience with integration of diverse and ad-hoc systems.
- Experience in Industrial environment is an asset.
- Experience with communication wiring and protocols (Profibus, Fieldbus, Device Net, Ethernet, Serial) is an asset
- Experience with data connectors such as OPC-UA, OPC-DA is an asset
- Experience with communicating and data collection from systems such as sensors, controllers, and industrial systems
- Experience with PLC, DCS and SCADA is an asset
- Ability to align and influence critical stakeholders
- Strong supporter of our customer centricity. Understands the importance of demonstrating concern for satisfying customers. Passionate about developing goals to improve our customer experience.
- Retain and convey a positive attitude in challenging circumstances.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com