Infrastructure Engineer - Networks
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called Group IS. Our Group Information Services (Group IS) business is made up of digital, user service, technology and project management experts, working across multiple regions. Our teams are supporting close to 20000 people across the Atkins group including those based in offices and working on remote sites with our clients where we partner the business on some of the worlds iconic design and build and infrastructure projects.
Group IS has developed an operating model to evolve the way IT services are provided to the company, moving from a ‘Business as Usual’ focus to an organisation driven by a joint technology roadmap with the business and enabling business value. Here, the key focus areas include: getting the basics right, being a true partner to the business, information assurance & security, career management for our staff, and supporting the organization on its digital journey.
Our user services teams are committed to delivering a 24/7, 365 days a year service ensuring we keep our people and projects delivering for clients. This includes service desk, hardware and software asset management and software packaging teams providing the latest technology solutions available to future proof the organisation’s technical ability.
Our technology delivery teams setup and run the IT infrastructure backbone of the organization including network, firewall, storage and unified communications. They enable the global nature of our business, providing seamless connectivity, communication and collaboration capabilities to our employees. This means we can all work collaboratively from anywhere in the world and on any device, using Office 365 and Skype for Business, improving the pace and quality of delivery for our partners and clients
Our applications delivery teams help build, implement, support and sustain the various corporate systems used by the company’s functions and also the numerous digital offerings aimed at improving the efficiency of our internal teams and the value proposition to our clients. Here, we have teams dedicated to innovating, researching and experimenting with new leading edge technology and exploring emerging digital solutions using a combination of Full Stack development, Data Analytics, Digital Engineering, Intelligent Mobility and Digital Asset Management.
Our focus on delivering a range of IT services and digital solutions means at all times the needs of our clients are at the forefront of delivery, ensuring business change is managed in an effective way. We pride ourselves on being agile, quick to respond, and are able to deliver IT solutions within a short period of time, allowing for rapid project mobilisation for our business.
Purpose of the Role:
The Infrastructure Engineer position is a hands-on role to manage, monitor and support the network services. Working within the Technical Services you will provide support with resolving incidents, delivering on projects and delivery of new services.
This role will suit an individual who has extensive experience within a 2nd line support environment and has proven experience troubleshooting network and firewall related issues within a large organisation. The successful candidate will be dynamic, analytical and able to come up with smart solutions.
- Build and implementation, follow build processes, test and transition solutions
- Service ownership maintaining the networks (LAN/WAN)
- Delivery of projects and new services
- Applying patches and hardware firmware updates.
- Resolving 2nd/3rd line network related incidents
- Logging hardware or software faults with vendors
- Transitioning incidents to operational support teams
- Continual service improvement through best practise and new and innovative technologies
- Assist with managing the technology life cycle
Essential Technical Requirements
To be successful in this role we would expect you to have in depth experience with:
- Cisco CCNA
- Install, configure, troubleshoot firewall technologies
- Experience in managing Microsoft Azure platforms
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, Monitor networks
- Working within a support environment, dealing with customer issues through to resolution
- Knowledge of monitoring & reporting based systems
You must also be able to demonstrate experience with:
- Troubleshooting hardware/software issues on cisco platforms
- Working with and troubleshooting LAN/WAN
- Working with and troubleshooting firewalls
- Dealing with and managing high priority issues
- Benchmarking and performance tuning
Desirable Technical Experiences
- Experience working within ITIL aligned Service Delivery organization
- To have worked in an engineering environment
- Proven experience of delivering process efficiencies and improvements
- Clear and fluent English (both verbal and written)
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships with remote teams
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership of and accountability for relevant products and services
- Ability to plan, prioritise and complete your own work, whilst remaining a team player
- Willingness to engage with ad work in other technologies
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.