Instrument Operator (Surveying Rodman)
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando, FL Surveying Group as a Instrument Operator (Surveying Rodman)
Under close supervision, performs entry-level Geomatics field and office work. Assists supervisor in performing all aspects of Geomatics including field surveys, raw data reduction, field calculations, CAD drafting, GIS data collection, etc.
- Copies and scans field notes.
- Assists field supervisor (Geomaticist, Data Specialist, etc) with all aspects of the daily workload.
- Sets up tripod and tribrachs over survey points.
- Cuts and clears brush and trees from line of survey, using brush hook, knife, ax, machete, chain saw or other cutting tools.
- Places survey stakes at designated points, as instructed.
- Cleans, carries and assumes responsibility for maintenance, proper use and safekeeping of all field instruments, equipment and tools.
- Ensures, through daily inspection, that survey vehicles have an adequate supply of equipment and materials for the day's operations.
- Maintains survey vehicles, parking area and office storage areas in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required. One year experience as a rod person or instrument operator required.
- Interest in pursuing a Geomatics degree highly desirable.
- Ability to receive and follow instructions is vitally important.
- Ability to communicate effectively via electronic devices such as cell phones, radios, email, etc.
- Ability to work in a field and office environment. Ability to work in extreme heat and cold when working in the field.
- Ability to travel extensively out of town for work assignments.
- CST Level I preferred.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles