Intelligent Transport Systems Professionals
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
This role is open in Birmingham, Manchester, Epsom, Bristol and Cardiff, please mention your preferred location for work at the time of applying.
Join us in our Transport Technology practice and you’ll use the latest Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) technologies to transform millions of road journeys. We are delivering the most exciting and innovative schemes in Europe and need great people to join our team.
You’ll deliver the technology systems that will manage and optimize tomorrow’s transport infrastructure. We drive innovative projects from in autonomous vehicle solutions to smart motorways and real-time passenger information. So, you can look forward to plenty of variety from exploring next generation technologies and designing solutions to testing systems on site.
Our key partners, Highways England, and Transport for London (TfL) have large investment programmes so our portfolio is varied, challenging and interesting as we lead the way in delivering innovative technology solutions.
We offer a very competitive package with comprehensive benefits.
Who we’re looking for
You’ll be a talented engineer with a great track record in engineering covering:
• Excellent problem solving skills and able to develop new and innovative ideas
• Designing technology solutions
• Understanding complex issues and capture client and system requirements
• Delivering assignments, within tight time constraints
• Working as part of a team in a multi-discipline environment
• Health and Safety
• Client focused and able to develop effective relationships with clients
For more senior posts we are looking for great individuals that can lead the development of our business. Roles include technical leaderships, team development and leadership and business development.
Experience of the following is also desirable:
• Design experience of Smart Motorway or Highways Technology (ITS) and the application of standards for Vehicle Detection, CCTV, Variable Message Signing and emergency telephone systems;
• Project Management experience, including developing MS Project plans
You will also need:
• Full Driving Licence
• Degree or technical qualifications
• Flexibility for occasional periods working away from normal office location including periods site and night work
Our culture is one where initiative, innovation and imagination aren’t just encouraged, they’re expected.
After all, we work at the very forefront of the transportation industry on high profile projects any professional would be proud to be involved with. In terms of professional development, we offer unparalleled opportunities to progress and as a people-focused business, we actively promote achieving your own work/life balance by offering a range of rewards and benefits including flexible working options. We offer career paths that are predominantly technical, predominantly project management or blended.
Rewards & Benefits
Click below to review our rewards and benefits - List of Benefits: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com/#benefits
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles