Intermediate Health Physicist
Intermediate Health Physicist
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Intermediate Health Physicist (6-month contract)
Why join us?
Candu Energy Inc. are looking for an Intermediate Health Physicist for a 6-month contract. Reporting to the Radiation Protection (RP) Manager, the Health Physicist/Regulatory Affairs Specialist will provide operational health physics and regulatory affairs support for Sheridan Park, and Montecorte Facility in line with the requirements listed in the Radiation Protection Program Manual and facility operational licence.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provide operational health physics services and support work
- Monitor provincial and federal regulatory decisions for both conventional and radiological safety to ensure timely compliance with new regulations
- Support the development of new regulatory strategy advising Facility Authority
- Support the preparation of applications, evidence, analysis interrogatories, for regulatory proceedings
- Perform regulatory analysis, communications, planning, research, preparation of applications, correspondence, and procedures related to Candu Energy Inc interface with market regulators
- Assist in enhancing regulatory effectiveness within the company in a tangible manner based on experience and outcomes from past experiences
- Identify radiological and conventional hazards at and around the work site
- Contribute to the implementation of the RP program
- Perform RP compliance inspections
- Conduct radiological safety and dose assessments
- Conduct ALARA assessments and post-work events
- Prepare, review and/or approve of radiological work plans and procedures
- Prepare and review technical specifications for the selection and procurement of radiation and contamination measuring and monitoring equipment
- Assist in company processes for the calibration of RP instrumentation
- Assist in compliance of the Environmental Protection Plan
- Conduct in-field gamma spectroscopy
- Assist with decommissioning/decontamination methods and techniques
- Make decisions and use good judgment based on established requirements, procedures and practices
- Impartially conduct training activities; use knowledge and skill for the enhancement of the training program
What will you contribute?
- Relevant honours degree in Science, Engineering or Health Physics
- Minimum of 4-5 years of practical experience in Operational Health Physics and Regulatory Affairs.
- Knowledgeable of regulations and guidelines for both radiological and conventional safety regulations.
- Knowledgeable and has good understanding of Radiation Protection philosophies, procedures, equipment and techniques used both in theory and in practice
- Proficient in Microsoft computer software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to support all SNC Lavalin Nuclear clients (domestic and international)
- A team player with strong commitment to maintain training principles and objectives; willing to learn any new technologies and fresh ideas; strong passion for achieving safety and quality, and sustained enthusiasm for meeting and improving safety and performance
- Ability to multi-tasks, prioritize and respond in a timely manner to changing demands and scheduling requirements with the ability to be involved in a range of activities, from routine to complex assignments requiring initiative
- Sound knowledge of radiological safety systems and methodology, working knowledge of project management practices, work process and technology, and radiation safety management standards
- Good knowledge of radiological inspection and auditing principles
- Must be designated as a Nuclear Energy Worker (NEW) or willing to be designated as a NEW
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs