Intermediate Mechanical Designer/Drafter
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Intermediate Mechanical Designer / Drafter
Why join us?
As part of the Infrastructure Division, the Calgary Building & Facilities Department specializes in providing mechanical engineering solutions for all building types ranging from small commercial buildings to complex institutional buildings such as hospitals, universities, and laboratories. We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Designer/Drafter with proven design experience in designing commercial building systems based in Calgary, AB.
How will you contribute to the team?
- The primary responsibility of this individual is to prepare clear and accurate construction-ready CAD drawings for various mechanical systems including drainage, plumbing, heating and cooling, ventilation, fire protection, medical gases, and control systems.
- Detailed design of mechanical systems including pipe and duct distribution, mechanical room elevations, construction details, and equipment schedules.
- Coordinating mechanical systems with other engineering consultants (both internal and external to SNC-Lavalin) to ensure the building works as a whole (space requirements, electrical loads for equipment, equipment weights, etc.).
- Assisting in mechanical equipment selections and specifications.
- Follow project or departmental standards related to working in a team environment with direction and instructions from the Mechanical Lead Engineer associated.
- Identifying cost effective solutions to design problems.
- Communicating with clients and consultants concerning specific design issues (attending meetings).
- Assisting in creating and submitting progress and technical reports.
What will you contribute?
- As a key member of the team you will bring proven expertise using AutoCAD and/or Revit along with previous experience designing building systems in the building engineering consulting industry.
- Basic knowledge of the design, fabrication, installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical systems used in buildings.
- Ability to design and layout systems with minimal guidance.
- Strong drawing production leadership skills (optimizing CAD workflow practices to reduce time and effort, etc.).
- Experience with heating and cooling load analysis software (Trace 700, Carrier HAP, etc.)
- Experience with energy calculation software (CAN-QUEST, Autodesk Insight, etc.)
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks and projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- The ability to work close with clients and other disciplines as required.
- Competent in other CAD software (Bentley MicroStation, etc.).
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles