Intermediate MEP Quantity Surveyor
Faithful+Gould are currently looking for an experienced Intermediate MEP Quantity Surveyor to form part of our Project Management Consultant (PMC) project team based in UAE. The team shall be expected to assist the client in any way possible to ensure the development is completed to the required timescales and within their stated budgets. The project is expected to last for up to 2.5 years, although the position with Faithful+Gould is indefinite.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
- Pre/Post contract administration of contract
- Experience with Measurements
- Management of bonds, insurances and guarantee logs
- Interim valuations and payment certificates
- Variations analysis, recommendations and management
- Performing risk and value management and cost control functions
- Undertaking costs analysis project work
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
- Writing detailed progress/ cost reports
- Reporting to Client Representative on all commercial issues
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
- Managing workload with minimal supervision
- Client facing and involvement in commercial meetings.
Experiences and Qualifications:
- Must have previous experience of FIDIC Traditional and Design and Build Contracts
- Residential/ Commercial experience a must
- Degree in Quantity Surveying from recognised university
- Min 2 years post-contract experience
- Must have consultant and/or client background for minimum of 1 years
- Should be currently in the UAE and looking for a career move
- Knowledge in the use of QS software CATO or similar is preferred
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Team and /or independent worker
- Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants