Internal Communications Manager (Maternity Cover)
Internal Communications Manager (Maternity Cover)
SNC-Lavalin is looking for a highly experienced internal communications leader, based in the UK, and part of our global internal communications centre of expertise.
Working in collaboration with the regional Vice-President, Communications, UK & Europe and the Senior Director, Global Internal Communications, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the implementation of internal communications strategies, ensuring outcomes are delivered efficiently, creatively and to a consistent high standard for stakeholders that span business divisions, support functions and the senior leadership team.
They will also be responsible for the line management and professional development of a small team of internal communications specialists. Together, this high performing team delivers communications that engage employees and build brand ambassadors by ensuring people understand the priorities of the organisation and what is expected of them; are given opportunities to contribute and provide feedback on how we do things; and feel motivated to give their best.
As a member of the internal communications leadership team, the successful candidate will also help to ensure common standards of delivery are achieved, best practice is shared and implemented, and resource is deployed in an agile manner to achieve recognised business priorities at a regional and global level as required.
This high profile and challenging role is a 14-month fixed-term contract to cover a maternity leave.
About the company
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project management company with offices around the world. We connect people, technology and data to help shape and deliver world-leading concepts and projects, while offering comprehensive innovative solutions across the asset lifecycle. With more than 10,000 employees in the UK & Europe, our work in the region largely focuses on the transport, infrastructure, energy, aerospace and defence sectors where we’re involved in the delivery of major projects such as Hinkley Point C, HS2 and the Heathrow Airport expansion.
- Degree educated or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline would be preferred, but is not essential
- Professional qualification from a relevant discipline would be preferred, but is not essential
- Previous leadership experience in internal communications and engagement, ideally gained within a corporate environment
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to quickly establish positive and productive stakeholder relationships
- Experience planning and delivering internal communications plans and activities which achieve desired business outcomes
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate eloquently on a range of topics, including writing on behalf of senior leaders
- Experience leading change communications and advising others on how to do this effectively
- Experience creating impactful content for a range of online and offline internal communications channels
- A strong understanding of how to build and measure an effective internal communications channel mix
- Experience leading the planning and delivery of internal events
- Experience managing, coaching and/or developing others
- Experience in managing external agencies or suppliers
- Self-motivated, with the drive and enthusiasm to make things happen
- Highly organised, collaborative and able to deliver on multiple priorities simultaneously
- Resilient and able to cope with ambiguity
- Confidence to work with and advise stakeholders at all levels and in all types of roles, including senior management
- Knowledge of the markets/industries that the organisation operates in
- Experience working in a large matrix organisation
- Lead on internal communications planning, delivery and measurement
- Provide insight and counsel to senior management and other business stakeholders in relation to complex internal communications matters
- Drive a programme of internal communications and events
- Lead and deliver business change communications
- Set the internal communications channel strategies and editorial standards to ensure consistent, effective delivery of content and messaging to target audiences
- Drive collaboration with other communications disciplines and support functions to deliver required business outcomes
- Champion an experimental mindset to continuously improve reach and engagement
- Initiate external / peer benchmarking and development of best practice within the function
- Establish clear processes for resourcing, planning, approving and measuring internal communications
- Line manage a small internal communications team
The successful candidate will be a motivated, creative, collaborative leader who is willing to try new approaches to achieve results. The role will be well suited for someone who can get up to speed quickly, establish positive working relationships and inspire others, as well as plan and deliver internal communications strategies on a variety of topics with different degrees of complexity.
The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be comfortable dealing with a diverse range of people at all levels of seniority.
SNC-Lavalin develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits
SNC-Lavalin offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/your-benefits
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
SNC-Lavalin, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
SNC-Lavalin, recognize that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs