IT Applications Business/Functional Analyst
IT Applications Business/Functional Analyst
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the owner ship of infrastructure. From offices in over 50 countries, SNC-Lavalin’s employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide EPC and EPCM services to clients in a variety of industry sectors, including oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. SNC-Lavalin can also combine these services with its financing and operations and maintenance capabilities to provide complete end-to-end project solutions.
Scope of the role
- The Functional Analyst will be responsible for business requirement analysis, solution design and development of functional specifications. Based on key practices observed (internal/external) propose business processes improvements to enable effectiveness and efficiency.
- The ideal candidate will work with Super users and other internal IT application teams.
- Partner with business units and corporate functions to understand requirements, propose new processes, and help with day-to-day activities including recurring and year-end processes.
- Planning related to the tasks associated with business analysis and the software development lifecycle (waterfall, iterative, Agile).
- Risk assessment using methods to identify risk, probability, impact and how to mitigate those risks.
- Identify areas for business process improvement and efficiencies; make recommendations to improve existing processes or system functionality.
- Create and maintain Fast Formulas, Forms and Reports.
- Maintain process flow, configuration, operations, and user documentation.
- Provide functional support for both application and business process issues
- Document all requests and ensure that the project management process methodology is adhered to including submission/updates to the client board as required
- Develop and execute system testing and test plans as required as well as coordinate and conduct internal user support and training
- Identify and document application integration requirements
- Develop and test solutions in collaboration with end-users, execute production migration and post-install support
- Improve process flow and user documentation for the implemented applications and enhance user knowledge and competency
- Maintain a stable and accurate Applications production instance that meets customer needs in line with compliance and audit policies
- Design and manage the delivery of program specifications based on consultations with supervisor, programmers, external contractors, and end users
- Document, propose and optimize applications configuration to provide best usability and information availability
- Cross train internal IT on new features, functionality, and integrations
Desired Job Experience:
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years functional experience in agile applications development (finance, change management, process automation, etc..) including requirements gathering, design, configuration, unit testing and integration testing.
- Experience dealing with a complex IT Ecosystem
- Experience with AgilePoint NX/7 process automation is an asset.
- SQL, ASP.Net MVC design, configuration, and basic hands on experience.
- Strong analytical, design and documentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Business acumen (E&C Industry an asset)
- Communication skills, good listener
- Strong technical background (SQL, ASP.net, C#, Excel, Visio)
- Customer focus
- Working with IT outsourcing partners
- Logical mind
- Solution oriented
- Negotiation skills
- Capacity to function in a changing environment
- Act as a change agent
SNC-Lavalin develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits
SNC-Lavalin offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/your-benefits
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
SNC-Lavalin, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
SNC-Lavalin, recognize that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
SNC-Lavalin is going through an exciting period of change. A Canadian listed engineering and construction firm, on July 2017 they acquired the UK engineering consultancy Atkins bringing with it a grea
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called IT Services (ITS). Our ITS business is made up of digital, user service, technology and project ma
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs