IT Support Operations Analyst - Secure Networks
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called IT Services which is organised as a global operation with significant presence in India. Group IS has developed an operating model for 2020 to revolutionise the way IT services are provided to the company, moving from a ‘Business as Usual’ focus to an organisation driven by Business Value. Key concepts include: transitioning to digital products, adopting agile delivery approaches across the organisation, leveraging cloud services, and applying focus to supporting company project bids and delivery.
The Service Operations team supports the objectives – included below in parentheses () – that will achieve this vision, by:
- providing an enhanced - faster and business-engaged - service to Atkins (IS2020 Transformation)
- improving customer satisfaction (Operational Excellence)
- reducing cost by containing support activity within Global Services (Commercial Success)
The team is part of the evolving and dynamic Service Operations support group, which currently supports around 18,000 staff globally.
Purpose of the team/role
The Service Operations Analyst – Secure Networks has the following responsibilities.
- provide L1 telephone based technical support to secure environment users
- own, investigate, analyse, troubleshoot and resolve incidents raised by secure networks staff
- ensure knowledge and skills are transferred to L1 to increase first line fix rate and reduce cost to the Atkins business – for example, manage and resolve issues logged online
- ensure technical documentation and knowledgebase articles are produced where appropriate
- engage with continual service improvement initiatives
- support the wider Support Operations team in owning, investigating, analysing, troubleshooting and resolving incidents elevated to the team
- additional tasks to be defined as requirements evolve, based on the expansion of the Secure Networks Environment
- Occasional travel to other office locations for training & supporting users
Service Operations Analysts – Secure Networks manage incidents logged by staff who transcend both secure networks and the Atkins Computing Environment (ACE). They follow documented troubleshooting processes and workflows for known issues. These are provided by subject matter experts, product/service managers and vendors to support the satisfactory resolution of incidents in the Atkins Secure Networks Environment and ACE. In other cases, they are required to take the initiative to provide workarounds and fixes based on troubleshooting experience.
The wider Support Operations team employs enhanced troubleshooting skills and has fewer SLA-related time constraints, although it has its own KPIs to adhere to. The team is expected to escalate to L3 when documentation is insufficient to complete a task or resolve an incident. It maintains a ‘runbook’ – the Knowledgebase - for immediate resolutions and routine procedures, populated and utilised by all Group IS teams and the Atkins business.
The removal of single points of failure and known errors, and automation wherever possible, are areas of focus. A ‘fix once’ approach – which includes employing problem management processes and techniques to support root cause analysis – is key, to ensure incidents do not happen again or in the first place, and that we have an error-free environment or, worst case, one where errors have little or no impact on end users and their productivity.
The Service Operations Analysts – Secure Networks will operate on rotation from 0800 to 1800 (UK time), Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays.
- Aim for 100% customer satisfaction and client-focused delivery
- Work flexibly within a rota covering the core hours of Secure Networks
- Meet KPIs, i.e. time to answer calls and first line fix rates
- Meet or exceed documented SLAs for Incident and Request Management
- Manage incidents and requests according to defined SLAs and ensure 100% adherence to incident and request best practice guidelines
- Liaise with Secure Environment personnel prior to release of a new technology to ensure support readiness
- Ensure new first and second line fixes are documented, fed back and incorporated into the Knowledgebase with a view to increasing L1 fix rates
- Ensure response to high priority incidents, escalations and support of the major incident process
- ITIL v3 Foundation and knowledge of ITIL Service Operation
- Exceptional timekeeping and time management
- Excellent customer service skills, strong business focus and stakeholder engagement skills
- Solid written and verbal communications skills, including report writing and technical documentation
- Solid technical knowledge of enterprise IT environments
- Experience of working in a fast-moving and changing, large enterprise IT environment
- Ability to build positive cooperative relationships and communicate at all levels with other groups and departments
- Experience of IS work management systems
Competencies specific to this role
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Good organisational ability and attention to detail
- Ability to assess and prioritise work
- Good listening skills
- Reliable, flexible, adaptable and innovative approach
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.