Why join us?
Our Arizona Team is team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have experience as an estimator, we would like to connect with you. This role creates cost estimates for specific disciplines relating to large construction projects, leverages industry knowledge to review and negotiate fair value for change orders and provides business support to management and estimating peers. In addition, there will be collaborative work with the project team to complete pricing and benchmarking research, while maintaining project documents and files. The role is based at Automotive client in Chandler, AZ. This is a fulltime internal position with Faithful+Gould, that comes with robust benefits. We seek professionals who are career minded and are looking for long term tenure.
Faithful+Gould (www.fgould.com) is a world leader in project controls and consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies.
Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Performs accurate quantity takeoffs as required and reviewed by senior estimating staff.
- Obtains pricing information as directed by senior estimating staff, including corresponding with contractors, vendors, suppliers, etc. to get local and up to date pricing information for projects and benchmarking.
- Inputs quantity takeoffs into estimating programs such as CATO, EXCEL, etc. under the supervision of senior estimating staff.
- Maintains project documents such as drawings and specifications.
- Establishes and assists in maintaining data library of costs.
- Seeks ways to improve accuracy and efficiency of tasks.
- Prepares cost reconciliations between two or more estimates and explains variances.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying or related field
- Must be detail oriented, articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and good decision-making abilities.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have ability to receive training with electronic takeoff including CAD Measure, knowledge of a commercially available construction cost estimating system, understanding of basic construction concepts and terminology, and the ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications.
- Must generally understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
What we offer at Faithful+Gould?
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Group Insurance.
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program.
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Faithful+Gould Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs