This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Working within a master planning and architectural team on projects across East Africa. To assist with the design development on a number of large scale master planning and site development projects. The candidate should be a confident and capable designer with good REVIT, AutoCAD, sketch up and other graphics software package skills.
- Responsible for supporting and enhancing the master planning and architectural design capability in East Africa.
- Develop and provide creative design inputs in to master planning projects as well as developing building conceptual designs as required by specific project briefs.
- Assist the building engineering teams in the review and commenting on submittals, forwarding submittals to the concerned designer for response, obtaining samples and quotations when required, preparing reports and recommendations and coordination of all architectural / ID works with other disciplines.
- Prepare graphics presentations at a master planning scale as well as individual and groups of buildings (urban design).
- Prepare and management bid and tendering proposals and provide graphics support to the bid team.
- Ensure the satisfactory management and control of inward and outward documentation
- Be able to develop and build client relationships including leading presentations and client engagements.
- Degree in Architecture.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience in design, production of drawings, able to analyse technical/construction build-ability issues and provide drawings and specifications coordinated with building engineers and other disciplines.
- REVIT expertise and BIM competency along with a range of supporting graphics software.
- Able to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision, within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Provide design and graphics support within the master planning team and have an ability to develop site wide master plans with a strong urban design component and be able to prepare and present illustrative plans and presentations for project proposals and reports.
- Experience in a variety of building typologies and sectors such as multi residential mixed-use developments, industrial developments and commercial offices and business parks.
- Able to interpret project briefs and specifications, client requirements and constructability requirements.
- Able to prepare project specific quality plans and record and implement essential building design coordination issues with structural and MEP engineers in accordance with Atkins quality procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills, a team player with a customer focus.
- Creative, energetic and self-motivated.
- Will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and be expected to contribute to team performance and demonstrate use of initiative.
- Coordination skills with other disciplines and consultants on specific projects.
- Good organisation skills.
Salary and Benefits
- A competitive salary for the right candidate.
- Annual leave allowance.
- Medical and life insurance cover.
- Company gratuity scheme.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region and Africa.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East and Africa now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah and Africa.
Our Latest Articles