Junior Control Software Developer
Junior Control Software Developer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Reporting to the Tooling Management Operation (TMO) Electrical Lead – Control and with a dotted line to the Engineering Manager within a matrix organization, the Software Engineer / Technician is responsible for the design, implementation, verification, maintenance and documentation of software as well as the selection and acquisition of suitable hardware and pre‑developed commercial software. He/she will provide input with respect to planning, monitoring, and resource needs and identify capital requirements for software development, maintenance, hardware resources, and verification tools.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for timely execution of the assigned scope in the assigned software project capacities.
- Performing the suitability assessment (and qualification where needed) of system hardware and pre‑developed software components.
- Responsible for designing, installing and testing of an assigned product test environment.
- Responsible for integrating software and hardware components and preparing software engineering documents such as test procedures, test reports, operation manuals etc.
- Responsible for site support and software maintenance services.
- Implementing and maintaining the development environment (hardware and software) required to support project activities, including tool installation, backup and disaster recovery.
- Assist on preparing validation tests and/or review the results of the validation testing.
- Responsible for change control - Using configuration management system provided by his/her department to maintain software files, releases and documentation. Preparing and maintaining work plans for the control software change activities.
- Responsible for OPEX Review - Assembling OPEX and assessing what changes should be incorporated in the future designs of Tooling and Equipment.
- Responsible to uphold the technical quality of the assigned scope.
- Responsible to report and suggest resolution to any potential impacts to technical quality identified by the various tool manufactures and vendors.
- Ensure all work activities are performed safely, in collaboration with the Project Safety Manager.
- Identify potential work scopes and opportunities for growth.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Post-secondary university technical degree and/or equivalent work experience
- One year experience in automated and control system development using Siemens PLC
- Experience in automation and in nuclear operation is an asset
- Engineering drawings interpretation
- Nuclear Quality Assurance program knowledge is an assest
- Engineering Change Control program knowledge
- Analytical ability and effective decision making
- Organizational skills
- Situational awareness and effective problem solving skills
- Inter-personal communication skills
- Siemens PLC programming experience – Step 7, S7-SCL, S7-GRAPH, S7-Starter, SIMATIC NET, WinCC Flexbile and S7 Distributed Safety.
- Siemens SCADA programming experience – WinCC Classic.
- Siemens PROFIBUS and PROFITNET.
- PELCO experience (Endura Certified System Technician an asset)
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Written/oral communication skills
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs