Junior Control Systems Technologist
SNC Lavalin in currently recruiting for a Technologist to join our Mississauga Team.
- Assist in assembly and maintenance of machine control systems for robotic tooling and other testing apparatus
- Assist in assembly of electrical control panels and cable assemblies
- Mark up drawings and documents as required to reflect actual as-built condition of assembled products
- Identify and help design improvements or modifications to robotics control systems or other machinery
- Setup test apparatus, perform routine testing or evaluations, and prepare test reports
- Occasionally work with equipment containing high voltages
- Technologist Diploma in the field of instrumentation & controls or equivalent relevant work experience
- Hands-on experience with cable assembly, panel wiring
- Some experience with PLCs and other typical control system hardware is an asset
- Proven initiative and motivation
- Must be effective in a multi-discipline team environment
- Results oriented, takes ownership of tasks assigned
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines and financial controls
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Field experience in an industrial plant is an asset
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.