This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Based out of the Vancouver office, the Junior Estimator will be responsible for providing support primarily to the Lead Estimator but also the Project Services team in general. The successful candidate possesses the competencies and aptitude in order to handle the responsibilities outlined below, combined with a demonstrated ability to multitask, collaborate and develop creative solutions to complex problems. This is an entry-level position suited to a new graduate or motivated individual looking to cultivate a career in estimating.
- Provide support to the Lead Estimator in establishing and reviewing scope of work documents and generating comprehensive cost estimates for proposals, projects, and change notices;
- Assist with the preparation of various cost estimate reports, proposals and basis of estimates;
- Liaise with various departments such as engineering, project management, project controls, procurement, and construction in order to gather estimating input and assist with identification of project deliverables and requirements;
- Assist with preparation of multi-discipline material take offs from various engineering drawings to generate bill of materials;
- Research and get quotes on cost for all necessary labour and materials from subcontractors, venders and suppliers;
- Aid in development and planning of project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS);
- Participate in project risk workshops and assist in determining project risks and contingency by performing @Risk Monte-Carlo simulation analyses;
- Develop estimation forms and templates and maintain historical data for benchmarking purposes;
- Ensure and perform quality control on estimating packages for client submission;
- Maintain daily project estimate logs;
- Provide estimating technical and project planning support and input to other groups as required;
- Analyze various processes, systems and templates, and develop/incorporate improvements as necessary;
- Assist the Project Services team with various tasks as required, such as preparation of monthly reports and key performance indicators and maintaining various databases and spreadsheets;
- Recommends new approaches and ideas to drive continuous improvement within the Estimating department;
- Organizing and attending project meetings; documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline (engineering, construction management or business) is preferred;
- Highly advanced MS Excel skills;
- Flexible with the ability to work well under pressure in order to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Efficient with acute attention to detail;
- Proactive nature, particularly with regards to process improvement; and an interest in a career in estimation in an engineering environment.