Junior Estimator Trainee
Our Boston Team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and learn Structural and Architectural estimating, we would like to connect with you.. This role supports Estimators in the creation of estimates during preconstruction relating to large prestigious construction projects and provides ad hoc business support to senior team members. The role is based at our office in Boston, MA. We seek individuals who are looking for long term tenure to grow a career in Construction Estimating. This is a full-time position that offers robust benefits.About Us
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise -It’s in our DNA.Responsibilities
• Quantity take-offs using OST software.
• Contacting suppliers and subcontractors for unit rate pricing.
• Review contractor submissions for accuracy against the design documents and contract adherence
• Work with designers to understand scope & participate in Value Engineering exercises.
• Maintains project files on file server in accordance with company standards.
• Maintains and updates data library of costs.
• Prepares cost reconciliation between two or more estimates and explain variances
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or related experience
• Two years of experience on large capital construction projects
• Candidate with a background in hi-tech manufacturing or pharmaceuticals is preferred as well as a background on electrical systems
• Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities.
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Must have strong skills in use of Excel
• Requires knowledge of local construction market in area of operation including pricing conventions and trends.
• Requires ability to prepare conceptual cost model estimates from limited information using local historic cost information
Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:-Competitive salary
-Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
-Generous time-off benefits
-401 (k) with employer match
-Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
-Career development opportunities through our corporate university
Highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program
-Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view statement below
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.