JUNIOR PROCESS ENGINEER
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin has been active internationally for 50 years, establishing a multicultural network that spans every continent. SNC-Lavalin’s 52,000 employees are located in offices in 45 countries around the world and are currently working in some 100 countries.
Our Brussels-based Business Unit, part of the Resources sector of the SNC-Lavalin Group, specializes in the fertilizer industry. We employ over 30 professionals that provide project management, high-value engineering, procurement and construction management services to our clients around the world.
Our focus is on delivering innovative and technology-driven solutions in the field of phosphoric acid and specialized phosphate and nitrogen fertilizers. We conduct studies, ranging from the conceptual design to the detailed feasibility, through to the delivery of complete fertilizer production plants.
To reinforce our Brussels’ team, we are looking for a JUNIOR PROCESS ENGINEER
The Process Engineer is involved from the design phase of the project, mainly sizing of process equipment and preparing mass balances, process flow diagrams and piping and instrumentation diagrams. These elements contribute to the preparation of detailed plans, the purchasing of materials and to the successful implementation of the project. In house training will be provided.
• Prepare block flow diagram, process flow diagrams and P&ID’s
• Develop mass balances : process and utilities
• Sizing of equipment : pumps, heat exchangers, storage tanks, …
• Determine the calculation conditions
• Transmit all information and specifications to the other engineering disciplines
• Respect group guidelines as well as those relating to client
• Highlight any potentially hazardous situation
• Monitor project implementation
• Prepare technical notes and comments
• Review process documents from licensor
• Participate in audits
EXTERNAL: Licensors, co-contractors, sub-contractors.
INTERNAL: Project/engineering managers, engineers from other disciplines
SKILLS / STRENGTHS
• Chemical engineering unit operations
• Heat transfer
• Process equipment sizing
• Young Graduate
Interpersonal skills :
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Good listening skills
Behavioural skills :
- Appreciates and demonstrates a good team spirit
- Good problem solving skills
Willing to travel internationally (up to 30%)
• Master in Industrial Science (Chemistry)
• Industrial Engineer Chemistry
• Chemical Engineer
• Process Engineer
SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.