Junior Project Hydrogeologist
Junior Project Hydrogeologist
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin is currently seeking a Junior Project Hydrogeologist in our Cranbrook, Nelson or Burnaby, BC offices on a regular full-time basis. This employment opportunity will allow the successful applicant to support our British Columbia team on a variety of projects with our contaminated sites, water resource, mining and/or impact assessment lines of business.
As a Junior Project Hydrogeologist, you will play a supporting role in a wide variety of physical and contaminant hydrogeology projects including those related to: mine permitting, aquifer mapping and groundwater protection, pumping tests, stratigraphic interpretation, environmental impact assessments and water supply work. As well, you will be involved in contaminant project work, including investigation, characterization and remediation of contaminated sites of medium- to large-scale, and physical hydrogeological characterization. You will be participating in the development and execution of groundwater monitoring and investigation programs, and the analysis and reporting of data collected from these programs.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Hydrogeological field work, including groundwater sampling, slug testing, pumping tests and drilling; Surface water and seep sampling will also be conducted;
- Supporting senior and intermediate staff in developing field programs and budgets;
- Planning, coordination and support for the execution of field programs, including intrusive investigations;
- Supporting intermediate and senior personnel in reviewing and analyzing data from field investigations and preparation of reports including the interpretation of geological/hydrogeological conditions;
- Collaboration with other hydrogeologists throughout BC offices and out-of-province offices;
- Ensuring appropriate Quality Management System is applied on team’s projects;
- Participating in multi-disciplinary project teams; and,
- Ensuring proper implementation and continued use of safety and quality assurance programs and corporate policies and procedures, including Ethics and Compliance.
What will you contribute?
- A Bachelor’s degree with a specialty in hydrogeology; a master’s degree in hydrogeology would be an asset.
- Eligible to register as an EIT and/or GIT;
- Experience with different field methodologies employed for groundwater assessment, including groundwater monitoring/sampling and drilling and installation of monitoring wells;
- Experience with soil logging and sample collection;
- Past experience in environmental consulting an asset;
- Experience with database, geochemistry and/or hydrogeological applications such as Equis, Enviroinsight, AQTESOLV, Aquachem and PHREEQC would be an asset;
- Experience in technical writing an asset;
- English fluency;
- Must be able and willing to travel for work away from the home office for extended periods.
- Good interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude; and,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs