Why join us?
We are hiring! The Lab Chemist is an integral part of our Nuclear team who will analyze nonradioactive and radioactive samples following written technical procedures. This position is based in our office in Aiken, SC.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Develop analytical methods and QC protocols. Write technical procedures for analytical methods
- Analyze nonradioactive and radioactive samples following written technical procedures
- Compile, track, and report data to support customer’s needs
- Troubleshoot and maintain instrumentation and analytical methods
- General laboratory support including housekeeping, safe chemical storage and handling practices, chemical inventory, and procedure compliance
- Performs continual maintenance and operating protocol for laboratory instrumentation to ensure optimal operation and efficiency.
- Provides technical knowledge for consultation, training, and trouble-shooting for instrument, software and engineering problems as required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or related fields and 3 to 7 years of experience, an MS and 2 to 5 years of experience or Ph.D. with 1 to 4 years of experience.
- Requires U.S. Citizenship
- Job Related Experience: 1-5 years laboratory experience in Radiochemistry or Radionuclide Detection required.
- Nuclear Experience: 1-5 years nuclear radiation or radionuclide experience required.
- Experience in Radiochemistry techniques and analysis required.
- Experience with radiochemistry instrumentation to include High Performance Germanium Detector, Liquid Scintillation Counter and Alpha Spectrometer required.
- Experience in developing, validating and verifying analytical methods
- Experience with QA/QC programs and methodologies
- Demonstrated skills in oral and written communication
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of programs and Laboratory Information Management System
- Able to lift up to 50 lb. Able to stand for extended periods and able to climb and descend multiple flights of stairs
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including a respirator
- Ability to perform physically demanding work
- Ability to work shifts to support laboratory 24/7 operation
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs