Why join us?
We are hiring! The Laborer is an integral position with our Nuclear Group and based in our office in Oak Ridge, TN. This position reports to our Task Lead.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- In accordance with assignment, the candidate will assist all crafts by performing duties, such as but not limited to, supplying tools, lifting and transferring materials or equipment between WMS facilities by hand, using hand trucks or powered lift trucks.
- Housekeeping and/or cleaning work areas/facilities, machines and equipment, will also be required.
- The selected candidate will be required to perform flagman/spotter duties.
- The candidate will also perform pressure washing and ground maintenance to include applying insecticide and herbicides, excavating work (e.g., using hand tools), landscaping, edging, mowing, operating a chain saw, “weed-eating” and trash pick-up/removal.
- During the cold season the candidate will be required to perform snow and ice removal, spread ice melt, etc.
- Additional responsibilities will include receiving, staging, weighing, banding, palletizing and storing containers into designated facilities.
- Operating forklifts, aerial lifts and scissor lifts will also be required.
- The candidate will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as coveralls and respirators and perform work within controlled areas.
- The applicant must be able to understand and work from oral instructions, procedures, and work packages.
What will you contribute?
- The applicant shall be required to have a high school education or the equivalent, a valid Tennessee driver’s license, and experience with operating hand tools, ground maintenance equipment and aerial lifts.
- US citizenship is required to be employed by Atkins Nuclear Secured.
- The applicant must successfully complete the following training at a minimum: Radworker II, Elevated Work, Lockout/Tagout, 24-hour HAZWOPER, basic respirator training, and beryllium worker training.
- The applicant must be able to gain and maintain a DOE security clearance as a condition of employment.
- The applicant must have the physical capability to work in respiratory protective equipment and other protective equipment assigned.
- The applicant must be able to pass a general and HAZWOPER health exam and pre-employment drug screening.
- The applicant must be available for overtime, including weekends.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs