Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Landscape Architecture Group as a Landscape Architect. This position can sit in either our Lake City, FL or Jacksonville, FL office.
Under supervision, applies technical professional proficiency to the solution of landscape architectural problems and the coordination of related project activities.
- Prepares preliminary scope of service proposals.
- Develops conceptual plans and preliminary designs.
- Researches and writes land development feasibility studies, specifications and reports.
- Selects and recommends procedures.
- Conducts on-site observations to establish jurisdiction limits, evaluate conditions and assure that work in progress complies with plans and specifications.
- Prepares related documents under the direction of a registered landscape architect.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Landscape Architecture. This level may be achieved by Landscape Architects with two years of experience w/Bachelor's degree or one year experience w/Master's degree; typical incumbent has approximately four to five years' experience.
- Proven technical writing and communication skills; may be eligible for project management training.
- Experience with FDOT Design Standards is desirable.
- Experience with Complete Streets design preferred.
- Ability to assess, interpret and navigate development codes.
- Ability to develop project specifications in CSI electronic formats preferred.
- Ability to apply the latest technology to assist clients visualize challenging problems and design solutions.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suites skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project is required.
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suites, Sketch-up and AutoCAD skills required.
- Ability to assist in project website and social media platforms to promote internet-based knowledge sharing for program.
- Licensed Landscape Architect registration is not required but desired.
- Previous project experience in Transportation Design and/or large scale multi-disciplinary projects such as theme parks, corporate campuses, intuitional, military, athletic facilities and private design solutions along with land development, and capital improvement projects is preferred.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to plan, prioritize and review project plans and documents, evaluate alternatives, and devise appropriate solutions.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data here: http://www.snclavalin.com/en/files/documents/policies/privacy-statement_recruitment_en.PDF
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.