Lead Access Consultant
Atkins are looking to appoint an Access Consultant to provide their expertise and design knowledge on a variety of high profile multi-disciplinary projects in the UK and abroad.
The role will be within the London and South East team as part of the Building Design national practice and will involve working independently or as part of a multidiscipline team of architects and engineers, providing a comprehensive and fully integrated design services to our clients.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Access Consultant to work within an internationally renowned consultancy, affording the opportunity to work on large scale multidiscipline projects. You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
The individual will have the following responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Experience of carrying out access audits across different sites and environments.
- Experience of carrying out access appraisals across different market sectors.
- A background and understanding of the construction industry and working within design teams to develop inclusive designs.
- Capable of accurate work under pressure and able to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Good knowledge of word, excel and power-point.
- A thorough understanding and ability to communicate the aspirations and principles of inclusive design.
- A robust knowledge of Inclusive design and general work carried out by an Access Consultant.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a larger team and able to plan strategically, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way to support the needs of the business.
- Willing to travel within the UK and abroad for project related work.
- It would be useful to have experience in data analysis and collection as part of the development of Disability Impact Assessments(DIAs) or Equality Impact Assessments (EqIAs)
- Wider knowledge of other disciplines highly desirable.
- Able to gain security clearance if required.
- Setting up new projects from inception and ensuring internal or client procedures are followed.
- Working with other members of the design or client team to develop inclusive designs.
- Prompt and timely response to client requests and management of commitments and deadlines.
- Production of documents in the agreed format.
- Provide quality assurance in the form of checking colleagues documents to ensure consistency and high quality outputs.
- Support for tenders and proposals requiring Access Consultant input..
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.