Lead BI Engineer
Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called IT Services(ITS). Our ITS business is made up of digital, user service, technology and project management experts, working across multiple regions. Our teams are supporting globally including those based in offices and working on remote sites with our clients where we partner the business on some of the worlds iconic design and build and infrastructure projects.
Purpose of the Role
• Lead Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer to support the delivery of multi-organisational reporting and enterprise data-warehousing (including MDM, ODS and historic, modelled data).
• A significant part of the role will be managing key business relationships with our data owners/work stream sponsors.
• The ideal candidate will be an experienced engineer with a background in building reports and data pipelines, who enjoys optimising systems as well as building them from the ground up. The role holder will support our business intelligence engineers on initiatives and will ensure the optimal delivery architecture is applied throughout ongoing and future projects.
• Own and nurture relationships key business stakeholders to ensure confidence in the delivery of their requirements and the security of their (and their clients) data
• Lead and coach a team of onshore and offshore engineers to deliver solutions for the global business, ensuring career development is managed effectively
• Work with business analysts and our customers to define stories and sprints of work ensuring business requirements are converted effectively to technical solutions
• Follow agile methodologies during delivery including managing stakeholders effectively
• Work with stakeholders including the business leaders, product & data teams to assist with technical queries and challenges
• Create and innovate operational and analytical reporting solutions that provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
• Able to create complex Power BI, Power Queries, DAX, measures and queries to provide efficient reporting and analytical insights
• Established, demonstratable stakeholder management skillset enabling operations at all levels of the business. The ability to translate technical into business language is critical.
• Create and innovate operational and analytical reporting solutions that provide insights that can drive data-decision making
• Experience in applying UI/UX principles to standardise report building that is user-friendly, intuitive and customisable with minimal effort
• Broad experience with business application data, particularly in HR, Finance, Commercial and Business Operations
• A successful history of using DevOps best practises including backlog management, Source Control (Git), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) with Azure DevOps
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, data sets and reports
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
• Experiences with on-premise SQL services: SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services
• Experience with Azure cloud services: Azure Active Directory, Azure Automation, Key Vault, SQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse, Data Lake, Data Factory, Data Bricks, Power BI
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.