Lead Engineer - Highways
Lead Engineer - Highways
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
Transportation division in India supports various overseas operations, including those located in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Hong Kong. The team comprises Transport Planners, Bridge Engineers, Highways Engineers, CAD Technicians, Drainage Engineers and Virtual Reality specialists.
Working in a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world-renowned consultant.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Ability to use design software’s competently and provide on the job support to Graduate engineers/Assistant Engineers.
- Undertaking checks and inspections of constructed works for compliance with design and specifications, including monitoring and proposing remedial actions
- Able to author competent technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality.
- Able to check work of all those in the project team.
- Clear knowledge of work procedures, and ability to brief project team on them.
- Ability to develop / improve niche technical capability in response to business opportunity.
- Apply Atkins Quality, Safety & Environmental (QSE) standards and Business Management System (BMS).
- Experience in Canada Highway Projects.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in design of Highways.
- P Eng qualification.
- Hands on experience of Open Roads, Inroads, Civil 3D (compulsory) or MX.
- Working experience to DMRB/ AASHTO.
- Good written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, seniors, team members and clients.
- Experience in leading a team of junior engineers and CAD technicians.
- Experience of major highway projects at feasibility and detailed design stages.
- A team player and work in collaboration.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
For more recruitment updates, kindly follow #AtkinsIndiaRecruitment on LinkedIn.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs