This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Our Houston Team is growing! If you want to be part of a successful organization and have more than 12 years of estimating experience on large upstream/offshore projects, we want to hear from you. The successful candidate will help develop cost estimate from conceptual through construction, monitor and reconcile the cost estimate as the design progresses; participate in pre-award value engineering and constructability review discussions. This is a full-time, internal position with robust benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #9 largest Construction Management Company and #7 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
• Develop conceptual cost estimates from preliminary planning documents, price alternatives and options, and offer opinions of probable cost for different phasing scenarios that may be discussed.
• Serve as primary point of contact for the MSC Estimating team and liaise with the Design Builder's contracts and change movement groups.
• Actively reconcile the internal estimates with those prepared by third-parties; engage the third-party entities in an informative, collaborative reconciliation; and communicate the results of their conciliation effort.
• Proactively establish a routine reporting cycle that clearly communicates when an estimate changes and why.
• Prepares and reviews material take offs from planning documents or engineering drawings.
• Prepares conceptual and comparative cost study estimates from preliminary sketches.
• Prepares detailed breakdown of components and elements of estimates for systems and subsystems.
• Prepares estimates by applying unit rates for man hours, labor dollars, material dollars, and construction equipment dollars and all-in unit cost determination, calculating extensions and the application of standard factors, overhead rates and fees. Accumulates, evaluates and documents historical cost data for the development of future estimates.
• Prepares and / or reviews final Engineer's estimate. Reviews contract documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and equitable cost allowance for scope changes.
• Provides coordination and liaison with project management and project engineering personnel throughout the estimate development.
• mark-ups are being used and that any mark-up caps are not exceeded.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field.
• 12+ years of estimating experience with 5-10 years of direct support on upstream/offshore projects.
• Knowledge of work with various types of contracting methods such as, Design/Bid/Build (DBB), Design Build (DB), Construction Management At Risk (CMAR), Guarantee Maximum Price (GPM),etc.
• Demonstrated proficiency estimating formats, including Uniformat II.
• Proficient with large-scale estimating software.
• Proficient in benchmarking and change management during FEED.
• Understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Highly competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as determined by assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.