Lead/Senior CSMPP Estimator
Lead/Senior CSMPP Estimator
Lead / Senior CSMPP Estimator
In Sub-Saharan Africa, SNC-Lavalin has a proven track record of delivering projects across all four of our sectors of operation including oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. We have long-standing relationships with leading national and international companies across the region including Sasol, Chevron, Eskom, Transnet, PetroSA, Engen and Scatec Solar. In South Africa, we have supported Sasol’s flagship refinery in Secunda since the early 1990s providing Engineering, Construction and Maintenance solutions year on year.
Education & Skills:
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in construction, specifically within O&G and Mining
- 10 years in estimating and a proven ability to develop professional tenders in civils, structural, mechanical, platework and piping projects
- Must have a completed diploma / degree in engineering / management / quantity surveying
- Must have a solid understanding of FIDIC & NEC suite of contracts
- Computer literate in MS Office Suite
- CCS Candy literacy beneficial
- Implicit knowledge of SANS 1200 method of measurement and client specific methods of measurement
- Ability to build rates from first principals and to be adjusted for project specific factors
- Client centric with the ability to continuously build and improve relationships
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask and adaptability to change
- Possess strong leadership skills with the ability to lead by example
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with periods of high work volume
- Prepare structural, mechanical and piping estimates as directed by the Proposals and Estimating Manager, Proposal Engineer or his designate
- Define pricing and subcontracting strategy for most effective project execution
- Careful study of the tender documents, specifications and drawings
- Prepare materials take-off / bills of quantities for subcontract pricing
- Ability to prepare subcontract packages
- Preparation of commercial adjudication of materials / equipment / subcontract quotations
- Preparation of complete cost estimate in accordance with company work instructions by using norms and procedures
- Co-operate in the introduction of new techniques in estimating
- Carry out site visits as and when required
- Work closely as part of a team with both colleagues within the department and the office team
- Ensure all company procedures with respect to estimating and procurement are adhered to.
- Ensure that detailed spread-sheets are completed and that an accurate bid analysis is carried out on all quotations received. Ensure all the files are maintained as per company QA procedures and full traceability maintained
- Any other guidance as given by the Estimating Manager or his designate
We care about your privacy. We are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to us you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
In Terms of our Employment Equity policy, preference will be given to applicants who are disabled or from a previously disadvantaged background. If you have not heard from us within one week of your application, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs