Manager, Signalling and Train Control Systems
Manager, Signalling and Train Control Systems
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Vancouver, BC and reports to Director, Rail Control Systems. It is responsible for the delivery of Communications and Train Control systems designs. Our Rail & Transit Engineering team delivers solutions that include alignment and track, traction power and power distribution, train control and signalling, communications, and overall systems engineering.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Lead a group of technical specialists
- Lead the review of client specifications and technical oversight of vendor designs, submittals, generation of technical specifications, review of vendor RFPs, and vendor selection
- Interface with other design groups (including Fixed Facilities, Trackwork, Power Supply & Distribution, Communications, etc.) and with external team members and stakeholders (architects, code consultants, AHJs, major suppliers, etc.)
- Interface with train/vehicle suppliers for the integration of ATC/CBTC systems into vehicles and the application of, and technical requirements for, ATC/CBTC on a passenger carrying system
- Interaction with Design Management, Technical Leads, Delivery Leads, O&M/M&R Management and Support Leads
- Interaction with final client on the implementation of ATO/CBTC systems
- Support of construction, installation and Test & Commissioning activities in the field of mass transit, urban rail and heavy freight signalling and control systems
- Support for System Assurance/V&V teams in the delivery of mass transit and urban/commuter rail signalling and control systems.
What will you contribute?
- P.Eng designation in BC, AB or PEO in Ontario is required with a minimum 10 years relevant industry experience
- Project Management certification is an asset
- Experience across a variety of light rail, Class 1 and commuter systems, with specific design experience and expertise in the Conventional Signalling and ATC/CBTC domains.
- Ability to read and understand signal plans for traditional relay based as signalling systems as well as software for microprocessor based signalling systems.
- Knowledge of sub-system level technologies and components of signalling systems, including: power switch machines, track circuits, axle counters, wayside signals, and radio transponders.
- Knowledge and exposure to Positive Train Control (PTC) systems.
- Knowledge of AREMA, AAR, APTA, CROR, Transport Canada, and FRA regulations/standards.
- Able to lead and mentor a team of ATC/CBTC designers/engineers.
- Able to lead discussions with the partners, clients and suppliers.
- Excellent MS Office skills, especially Excel and Word.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary technical environments, people management and financial management.
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills; able to present to large audiences of industry experts.
- Excellent networking and client relationship management skills; able to influence and manage key stakeholders and build trust and advocacy with clients.
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills; able to engage staff and address difficult issues effectively and fairly.
- Must be willing to travel to project sites up to 10% of the time
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles