Materials Engineering Intern
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
- As a materials technician trainee, your role will be to participate in activities related to this area and to current projects:
- Perform technical tasks (site and laboratory tests) in accordance with the work instructions and directives received by the project manager, the laboratory manager or the site coordinator;
- Calibrate field equipment;
- Write and complete field and laboratory reports;
- Report to the project manager or coordinator on technical questions ;
- Supervise the quality of team members work;
- Responsible for preparing work instructions and communicating them to technicians;
- Travel to the site for coordination, monitoring and/or expertise;
- Verification and approval of documents produced before final issuance to the client;
- Ensure compliance with budgets and deadlines for all projects;
- Maintain customer relations to achieve the financial goals of the company;
- Comply to current security measures;
- Perform any other tasks related to the nature of these functions in collaboration with the project engineer.
- University studies in Civil Engineering in progress;
- French spoken and written (an asset);
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Good physical condition;
- General Health and Safety standards (OHS or ASP card or equivalent);
- Valid driver’s licence.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com