Mechanical Engineer - Buildings
Mechanical Engineer - Buildings
Designing for the future is about more than predicting what it looks like. It’s about having the know-how and the expertise to turn predictions into projects that deliver results and meet ever-changing needs. That’s what we do every day: for our clients, for their customers and for the sustainable future of our business and the world we operate in.
Here at SNC-Lavalin’s Ottawa office, we believe in developing our employees to their utmost potential. We promote teamwork and collaboration, which is why our culture speaks for itself; our people are motivated to give their best and have a sense of personal fulfillment. Each member of our team is integral in ensuring a positive work place backed by a company committed to the safety of its employees.
Our once small office has seen exponential and continuous growth since its opening in 2016, going from 3 to over 100 employees! To keep the positive trend going, we are seeking to add another superstar to our team…
Our Ottawa Infrastructure Engineering division is currently looking for an Engineer, Building Mechanical, for its National Capital Region office, to act as Project manager, technical specialist and design professional. In addition, this role will manage client relationships while delivering exceptional engineering services in a fast paced and growing National Capital Region Group.
- Developing preliminary design and engineering specifications
- Preparing detailed design calculations and layouts
- Coordinate with other disciplines in planning and executing project tasks
- Guiding and directing junior engineers and designers
- Developing and updating project specifications
- Developing material takeoffs and cost estimates
- Ensuring all completed work conforms to contract requirements
- Conducting site visits and inspections
- Managing services during construction actively working with contractors and owners to execute the project
- Develop feasibility studies
- Maintaining and growing existing client relationships
- Participating in Business Development in the National Capital Region
- Participating and contributing to Business Unit Decisions, resourcing and resource scheduling
- Taking a leadership role with respect to project delivery and in general business practices of the business unit
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering specializing in Building Mechanical and energy management
- Professional Engineer in Ontario (PEO) mandatory/ Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) an asset
- 0 - 7 years of experience in Building Mechanics sector
- Proven experience on public works (ministries, crown corporations and federal government bodies), mandatory
- Market knowledge of the National Capital Region and local industry
- Ability to obtain required security clearance
- Knowledge of Revit MEP an asset
- Knowledge and working experience in alternative project delivery (DB, DBFOM, P3, etc) an asset
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team
- Bilingualism French and English (written and spoken) an asset
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs