Mechanical HVAC Design Engineer
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a Mechanical HVAC Design Engineer to join the nuclear team in Aiken, SC.
- Provide design engineering staﬀ augmentation support to SRNS.
- Primary responsibilities include engineering analysis, HVAC design development and generation of HVAC design output documents including but not limited to: calculations for equipment sizing, duct sizing, pressure drops, cooling tower sizing, heating and cooling loads, and air balancing. Will be responsible to create/modify piping and instrumentation diagrams; system descriptions; mechanical equipment lists; integrate with ﬁre protection design; and vendor document reviews. Must be familiar with ASRAE, ARI, NFPA, SMACNA National Codes and Standards
- Knowledge of nuclear conﬁnement HVAC design and/or glovebox HVAC design is preferred.
- Engineering services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
- Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 10 years design experience in the ﬁeld of HVAC related work.
- Candidate must demonstrate experience creating and revising HVAC design documentation in one or more of the following areas: Process Flow; Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams; System Descriptions; Mechanical Equipment Lists; Mechanical Equipment Sizing; Material Handling Design; Fire Protection Design; Sizing Calculations, and Vendor Document Reviews.
- Candidate must be able to perform ﬁeld walk-downs to document as-installed conditions.
- Previous SRS Design Engineering experience and working knowledge of SRNS design processes and procedures are preferred.
- Working design experience of 5 years or more in a nuclear industry/facility is preferred.
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or current registration as a Professional Engineer in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles