Mechanical Resident/ Construction Engineer (1 Year Fixed Term)
Responsibilities (includes, but not limited to):
- Provide technical guidance and support at site to the project teams for the turbine generator refurbishment. This entails reviewing site requests and providing appropriate technical solutions;
- Field leadership to identify, coordinate and successfully disposition resolutions to emergent technical challenges;
- Regular coordination with field engineering, home office engineering and construction team members;
- Travel to Home Office (Mississauga) as required to coordinate with design team;.
- Responsible to support team execution performance goals (quality, budget and schedule);
- Help coordinate the preparation of Engineering Change packages in accordance with OPG’s Engineering (ECC) process;
- Preparation and review of design basis documents for BOP conventional systems, e.g. design plans, design specification, over-pressure protection reports, calculations, drawings and design reports;
- Directly interface with staff at site and Customer’s (OPG) engineering representatives. Ensure that applicable standards and regulatory requirements are met;
- Attend site visits and meetings, as required;
- Support Engineering Management with timely updates on engineering progress, performance and staffing needs;
- Liaison with OEM and CanAtom construction site staff and OPG maintenance and engineering
- Liaison with TSSA for pressure boundary equipment and piping maintenance, repair or alteration work registration and approval.
Qualifications (includes, but not limited to):
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience;
- Registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario and member in good standing;
- Working knowledge of pressure boundary equipment codes and standards, including , ASME Section VIII Division 1, Section II, ASME B31.1, CSA B51
- Working knowledge of NBIC and API 579 codes.
- Working knowledge of Balance of Plant (BOP) systems, equipment and component design and/or modification;
- Working knowledge of HP/MP/LP steam system design is an asset;
- Experience of Turbine Generator Auxiliary systems Layup and Refurbishment is an asset:
- Experience in Pressure Boundary Piping and Component Design:
- Experience in repair, alternation and fitness for service assessment for pressure boundary equipment
- Experience interfacing with TSSA for repair and alternation work.
- Working knowledge of nuclear facility BOP mechanical / process equipment and systems;
- Knowledge of design software tools e.g. PipeStress, ANSYS , COMPRESS and Mathcad is an asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills:
- Results driven individual with strong interpersonal skills;
- To work under schedule pressure as dictated by site execution team
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process