Metrology Technologist - Shoreline JV
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC Lavalin Nuclear Inc. is looking to hire additional Metrology Technologists and based on our customers’ needs, these opportunities are expected to be available starting immediately; these positions are regular full time Technician/Technologist.
Serves as the technical subject matter expert for all metrology, modeling, CAD, visual planning aides, etc.
- Leads all aspects of the FCFR site metrology scope: equipment maintenance, calibration, qualification requirements and operation, work planning, field supervision, etc.
- Prepares the overall project metrology plan (with input from project functions) from initial set-up of the Global Coordinate System, through execution of all work series and their specific metrology requirements
- Identifying potential opportunities for metrology to improve work scopes.
- Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of documentation associated with Metrology execution (CWPs, field data acquisition plans, metrology technical reports, etc)
- Operates specialized CAD software such as AutoCAD, Spatial Analyzer, SolidWorks, Recap and other programs alongside the execution team to facilitate visual planning, simulations, work progression storyboards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tactfully communicate with team members, internal customers and suppliers.
- Must be able to read and interpret Engineering drawings.
- Proficient in CAD software operation / modeling
- Proficient in operation of metrology surveying & global coordination systems equipment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment requiring multitasking, problem solving, analytical and project management skills. Able to work prioritize and work tight deadlines.
- Fiscal responsibility as required by the Joint Venture agreement.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, JV Partners, Project Managers, project personnel, Trades personnel
- Various work locations in both field and office
- Travel as necessary
- Due to the nature of work conducted by the RFR project, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment
- Recommend technical productivity solutions to enable designers/drafters to be more effective in their roles. Interface with PDT to initiate technical productivity solutions.
- Provide general management assistance to Technical Leads and/or designers when required by a project.
- When requested, provide feedback to the respective functional manager with regards to work plans, resources, budgets, costs, schedules and deliverables.
- When requested through Workday, provide feedback to functional manager(s) with regards to drafting/design staff performance appraisals.
- Provide regular internal communication through meetings, email notices and SharePoint sites to keep drafting/design staff up to date with new procedures, work instructions or templates.
- Maintain communications with interfacing external organizations (e.g. clients, regulators, engineering partners and subcontractors) as required.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships within Candu / SLN and all Clients and Vendors, for the benefit and growth of the organization.
- High school or equivalent required
- Strong Inspection background with at least 2-3 years’ experience as a Metrologist or Metrologist Lead Hand.
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Microsoft Word / Excel
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate manual skills and dexterity
- Knowledge of established engineering design principles and methods.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences