SNC-Lavalin’s Engineering, Design and Project Management team plans, designs and enables the delivery of complex projects across transportation, energy and infrastructure. Our deep technical expertise combined with broad multidisciplinary capability can be scaled from niche mandates to mega projects. Together we push boundaries and create value as trusted advisors to our clients and partners.
Why join us?
In response to increasing opportunities and a healthy backlog of work, our Water Infrastructure Group is looking for a Municipal Technologist to join our growing team. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work together to provide our clients with innovative, cost-effective, and practical solutions.
This position is preferably based out of our office in Burnaby, reporting to the Director, Water Infrastructure Western Canada.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Prepare & design alignment, profiles, sections, corridors using AutoCAD /Civil3D;
- Preparing utility pipe network, grading and drainage design using Civil 3D;
- Create CAD drawings from concept to final design;
- Processing field data and computer-generated survey information;
- Preparing pre-engineering, topographic plans;
- Formulating preliminary and detailed designs and drawings for various engineering and planning projects (municipal, land developments, and transportation);
- Ensuring plans are in compliance with CAD standards and drafting requirements;
- Prepare quantity and cost estimates
- Work with Engineers to deliver engineering solution;
- Prepare technical construction specifications with input by Engineers;
- Perform site inspections and field work;
- Other duties as assigned;
What will you contribute?
- A college diploma from a Civil Engineering Technician or Technology program, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience using Civil 3D in the design and construction of civil engineering works;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Proficient in the use of analytical and design software including AutoCad, Civil 3D and MicroStation;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Arc GIS experience/field inspection experience is an asset.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Minimum 3 weeks of vacation time Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs