National Pursuits Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Capture Team in Atlanta, GA as a National Pursuits Manager.
Manages pursuit capture activities for strategic pursuits in support of Business Units (BU) and in coordination with Marketing and Communications proposal staff. Facilities and/or directs project capture plan sessions, win theme/discriminator sessions, and presentation development and coaching activities. Support BU Business Development (BD), Regional BD, BU managers, and Technical Professional Organization (TPO) leads and technical staff in positioning with major clients. Key participant in proposal reviews (e.g., pink, red, gold teams).
- Responsible for directing and coordinating with national pursuit team activities across the firm, coordinating directly with geographically diverse teams of business unit, sales, technical (TPO) staff, and marketing managers and staff.
- May have one or more assigned areas of focus/ responsibility. This role requires an understanding of national pursuit strategies and techniques and corporate vision and strategies, and familiarity with all marketing systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in English, business administration, marketing or a related major, or a field related to the infrastructure industry, or an equivalent combination of educations, skills and experience related to the infrastructure industry.
- Minimum fifteen years of related experience, with at least ten of these managing pursuits and a proven track record in pursuit/capture management and/or sales of larger and/or strategic opportunities in $5M plus range.
- Job requires strong organizational and supervisory skills, together with a high level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Outgoing, self-starter with innate sales orientation, optimism and drive.
- Ability to facilitate teams
- Experience in presentation coaching
- Computer skills are required, including proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- No professional registration is needed.
- Experience in A/E industry a plus.
- Some Business Development or Client Management experience a plus.
- Experience with pursuits for DOT clients including GA DOT, FL DOT, and/or TxDOT a plus.
- Experience with pursuits for federal clients including FEMA and/or DOD a plus.
- This position may involve pursuits anywhere in the U.S., and travel may be required approximately 20% of the time.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.