This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC Lavalin, Dragados, Pennecon (SDP) General Partnership is seeking an NDT Coordinator to work within the Quality, Mechanical Outfitting team for the West White Rose Project in Argentia, NL.
This position will report into our Quality Lead, MMO and be a major source of organization, documentation, and follow-through.
- Monitoring NDE inspection activities according to issued Work Packs and plans
- Assist in ensuring fabrication and documentation compliance with Project Specification requirements.
- Follow up on quality tasks related to piping/structural welding, inspection and documentation.
- Liaise closely with other construction disciplines and subcontractors.
- Compiling Weekly report for Mechanical Quality
- Compiling of Subcontractor and SDP Weekly NDE statistics for Structural and Piping applications
- Monitoring and reporting of NDE repair rates
- Review and Approval of all new welders arriving site, Welders ID, Co-ordination with Welding Supervisor
- Monitor daily Welders record and add necessary NDE to meet project requirements including progressive examination
- Prepare daily NDE request for NDE Subcontractor
- Enter VT and NDE result into Database from QA/QC Inspectors / NDE Operators
- Print VT reports and gets them signed by QA/QC Inspector
- Scan and save all original VT reports include Index for FRB
- Save all NDE reports include Index for FRB
- Prepare all completed construction work packages with reports before handover to Quality Co-coordinator
- Assist in ensuring fabrication and documentation compliance with Project Specification requirement
- Diploma in Welding Engineering Technician or related field or combination of related work experience and training, preference given to Welding/Mechanical
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience of Mechanical QC work within Operations/Large Structural/Piping Projects
- CWB Certification would be an asset
- Experience working with Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), and varying methods
- Experience making and presenting documentation of mechanical works for offshore structures
- Candidates must have strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively within an integrated project team
- Fully proficient in reporting tools especially MS Excel, and the use of databases for tracking and monitoring programs
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications for the role will be due by Monday February 24, 2020, at 9:00 am NL time.
Companies and contractors hiring for the West White Rose project are required to follow the principles set out in the Atlantic Accord legislation, which requires that “individuals residing in the Province shall be given first consideration for training and employment in the work program”.
SDP is equally committed to providing access to employment of qualified candidates to ensure an equitable and diversified workplace.