We are looking for an experienced Office Manager to join our Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology (ADS&T) business in the Cheltenham office. The business is a technical consultancy providing advice and engineering expertise to public, regulated and private sector clients.
The position is varied, working as part of a team providing multidisciplinary support to complex projects in the UK.
This position is either for Part-time or full-time.
Essential Criteria –
- Educated to GCSE level including English and Maths.
- Previous Office Management experience and managing processes/procedures.
- Experience of managing staff (including performance) and team management.
- Enthusiastic and reliable team player.
- Self-sufficient, ability to work independent from instruction with a proactive approach.
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
Office Management –
- Support Cheltenham House Leads in all Office Management duties (inc. Business Resilience & audits).
- Manage Space Planning and desk count (including reporting to Property Forum rep).
- Maintain staff data e.g. distribution lists, staff database etc.
- Management and allocation of car passes.
- POC for Cheltenham queries providing information on office updates, access & office use.
- Manage all IT requirements for new starters and leavers and new starter inductions.
- Co-ordinate Office events, briefings/quarterly forum etc.
- CV provide advice to new starters/existing staff regarding CV Site and ensure leavers CVs removed.
- Manage support team via their day to day activities i.a.w with agreed systems & processes.
Facilities Management –
- Liaise with CBRE re Building Compliance through to completion and attend meetings for CH.
- Ensure CH PAD database kept up to date.
- Liaise with suppliers, support functions, CBRE as required.
- Responsible for Corporate Credit Card purchases (e.g. staff gifts and welfare).
- Manage Staff Engagement budget for Cheltenham & process, code and approve invoices as required.
- Audit IS billing quarterly and challenge anomalies.
- Deputy Security Role.
- Local Information Assurance Manager attend meetings and process actions as required.
- MYQSSE incidents, advise on DSE requirements, assist with orders, close incidents.
- Conduct Office Safety Champion duties in accordance with agreed compliance.
- Ensure Fire Wardens and First Aiders are nominated and trained.
- Co-ordinate information & logistics for Audits as required.
Why work for Atkins?
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the ADS&T Business Unit and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Meeting your needs:
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward", a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-ADST | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs