Operational Development Manager - Manchester
Work closely with Product Directors to develop a growth plan for the Manchester team. To do this you will need to:
- Work closely with the Product Area Directors, Business Development Managers and Key Account Managers to assess the size of the regional market for our range of services and in agreement with stakeholders prioritise opportunities.
- Work closely with Service Area Heads and Team Leaders, e.g. Business Consulting, Systems, Projects, AMMS, Assurance, Signalling, Infrastructure etc. to define the required team composition and support the recruitment and deployment of staff.
- Work with Product Directors to support the delivery of the regional elements of the UK business plan.
- Working with Service Area leaders you will also be instrumental in developing and maintaining a strong team spirit for all Services that are present in the Manchester office. This may include ensuring that new starters are integrated into the business, that established staff are supported during the delivery of assignments whether at SNC-Lavalin Atkins offices or at a clients place of work.
- Provide high quality advice to UK and international clients, both as an individual and through the effective and efficient coordination of company resources.
- Provide strategic input to high-value projects at planning and delivery phase.
- Support major / complex projects in the capacity of Project Director.
- Develop new business opportunities and support the preparation of compelling bids and delivering high quality consultancy services to rail companies across the world.
- Support the business in achieving its business plan.
- Be a role model for the business ensuring company values and behaviours are demonstrated to both colleagues and clients.
- Ensure that any projects that you undertake or lead are delivered in accordance with SNC-Lavalin Atkins’ SQE Management System and associated documentation.
- Support business development in Manchester and the surrounding region.
- Work closely with all stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and guidance.
- Provide consultancy services.
- Comply with the Data Protection Act and adhere to SNC-Lavalin’s intellectual property and confidentiality guidelines.
- Work in a safe manner and proactively raise any safety concerns that you identify.
- Comply with the company’s drugs and alcohol policy.
- Comply with the company’s code of ethics policy.
- To work closely with UK Product Area Directors, Service Area leaders and Client Account Managers in order to:
- Deliver the regional business plan;
- Support business development;
- Support the recruitment and induction of new staff into the business; and
- Work to create an environment that supports recruitment and retention of team members.
- Develop and manage relationships within client organisations.
To undertake this role, an individual must have an engineering background, proven leadership skills, is an excellent communicator and must have a good understanding of business systems and processes.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Chartered Engineer with a degree, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline.
- 10 years experience in relevant industry roles.
- Has a detailed understanding of railway systems.
- Has experience of leading and developing teams.
- Has an ability to engage with stakeholders effectively to achieve desired outcomes.
- Able to communicate and influence at all levels in an organisation.
- Must be fluent in English and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to read, write and communicate in a language additional to English would be advantageous.
- SNC-Lavalin Atkins performs its business within open plan offices and operates a no smoking policy. There is a designated smoking area allocated for use by company employees.
- You will be required to visit railway workshops / depots on occasion and you must comply with all local procedures and safety arrangements. You may be required to work under Network Rail Personal Track Safety Certification.