Operations Manager – Birmingham, UK
Job Title: Operations Manager – Birmingham, UK
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offer for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects
Linxon – A Leading Engineering Company:
As one of the leading engineering companies, we help our customers with turnkey solutions in the field of substations for power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
As a single point of contact we combine the accumulated knowhow of key-suppliers and contractors so that customers benefit from efficient solutions, increased industrial productivity and a lower environmental impact in a sustainable way.
Overall responsibility for the Operational Performance of the UK Project Portfolio, related to execution strategies, financial performance, timeliness of deliveries and world class safety and integrity performance. Management of Engineering, Supply Chain, Project Management, Project Controls, Contract Management and Field Operations. Reporting to the HUB EU Operations Manager, and locally to the UK General Manager. Ensures strict adherence within the operations to the policies and required standards of health, safety and integrity of Linxon.
- Ensures that the local portfolio of projects is managed consistently, based on best practices and defined processes. Monitors portfolio performance related to financial performance, timeliness and risk & opportunity management and initiates corrective actions as required by the Project manager.
- Supports Tendering activities with functional input, ensuring that tenders have a clear, optimized and realistic project execution strategy, and the correct costing and risk & contingency provisions are being used. Verifies and confirms available capacity to execute projects after award.
- Leads and coaches the Project Management community, with a focus to identify, manage and mitigate risk and capitalize on project opportunities
- Facilitates the Supply Chain function to ensure the best supplier portfolio is selected, to provide products and services and lowest total cost for Linxon. Ensures that supply chain synergies across the Hub EU and Linxon global are utilized and spent is leveraged, and that relevant price references from the market are available.
- Facilitates the Project Controls Function to ensure tenders and projects maintain schedules according to defined & agreed standards and are updated on a monthly basis. Ensures that estimates to complete, revenues, margin and cash forecasts are available and according to best knowledge available at the point in time.
- Facilitates the Engineering Function to ensure high quality and timely engineering deliveries, adherence to global tools & processes and ensuring that adequate skills and capacities in the project office are available to lead the detailed engineering work in the OPCs.
- Facilitates the Contract Management function, ensuring appropriate support to the Tendering function to agree on favorable T&Cs during tender stage, and ensuring adequate support to the PM during project execution to manage the contract with the customer. Ensures flow down of T&Cs from the main contract to suppliers and subcontractors.
- Facilitates the Field Operations function to ensure adequate competences and capacities are available in the UK to support targeted orders received and revenues. Introduces constructability workshops during tender and at start of execution. Ensures that construction and commissioning activities are adequately supervised by Linxon, and that the project is at any time updated on the construction progress at site.
- Supports Hub and global functional managers to continuously improve and further develop operation processes and tools.
- Manages stakeholders. Serves as an escalation point for individual and systemic project management issues within the project execution team.
- Validates and supports that adequate HSE measures are taken in the respective project operations functions and that an HSE culture is implemented and maintained in the organization.
- Build strong long-term relations ship with local partners / contractors for execution of on shore portion of the projects.
- Bachelors or Masters degree (Engineering, Project Management)
- Extensive years’ of work experience in Project Management/Construction of Substations and in a similar role
- Has executed at least 1 EPC complex project (50 - 100 MUSD+) as PM
- Extensive Construction experience of AIS/GIS Substations
- Experience in handling Onshore/Offshore Construction Substation Projects
- Experience as a line manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience in Process Management and IS application technology
- Solid Business Unit process knowledge or general operational knowledge.
Please click on the link below to know more about Linxon.