Why join us?
We are hiring! The SNC-Lavalin Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando Sciences team as a Part-time Ecologist. This position will support senior technical staff in the office and in the field, performing natural resource surveys, collecting and analyzing data, preparing reports, and occasionally interacting with clients, subcontractors, members of the public, and regulatory agencies. You may also participate in business development and marketing efforts over time. Though this position is currently remote due to COVID, it will eventually be based out of our Orlando Office. This position is flexible and suitable for a student currently enrolled in college and does have the potential to become fulltime in the future.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Performs work which involves the preparation and completion of field activities, research and assembly of data from online and print resources, and general services associated with ecological data collection, regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Field activities to include wetland delineation and monitoring, threatened and endangered species surveys and relocations, environmental compliance activities, and aquatic surveys.
- Prepares environmental assessment reports using a combination of available online resources as well as aerial and street view interpretation.
- Basic knowledge needed, as training is available.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or B.A. in a field of Science such as Environmental Science, Marine Science, Biology, Ecology, or other related natural science commensurate with hiring discipline.
- Minimal experience is required of incumbents with directly related Bachelor's degree; no experience is required with a Master's degree, may be currently enrolled in a University.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, technical writing, computer and communication skills desired.
- GIS skills strongly desired.
- Good understanding of Florida’s ecosystems and habitats.
- Demonstrated potential to conduct intensive, field-based activities as part of an interdisciplinary team, which may include multi-day travel, long field days, and challenging conditions (e.g., heat, insects, strenuous physical conditions).
- Boating experience is a plus, as well as snorkeling skills and/or scuba certification.
- Position requires driving company vehicle; incumbent must have valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company policy.
- Familiarity with regulatory agencies is a plus
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group medical, life, and disability Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs