This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC Lavalin, Dragados, Pennecon (SDP) General Partnership is looking to bring on a Payroll Manager to join the West White Rose Project in Argentia, NL. Reporting into the Project Controls team, this position will be a key driven to ensure accuracy of our payroll delivery throughout all employees on the project.
- Handle all payroll system transactions, and provide administrative support to HR, Employees, Management team with high quality of information and service.
- Guide employees on the various procedures, policies or questions they may have on payroll, timesheets, benefits etc.
- Handle all Payroll transactions, including new hires, transfers, promotions, resignations/terminations, contract extension, leaves;
- Manage and lead the overall payroll team and all its functions within Projects Controls division;
- Ensure effective support to HR Business Partners while liaising with the Payroll team to ensure proper flow of information;
- Keep employee records up to date through the payroll system by processing employee status changes in a timely fashion;
- Interpretation of complex project labour agreements, and how they relate to the changing payroll process;
- Maintain good communication and collaborate with different sectors of the General Partnership to ensure the successful processing of information;
- Compile data and produce reports in Excel, presenting to management on a weekly, monthly, and ad hoc basis;
- Provide recommendations to improve the payroll process and system.
- College Diploma in Administration (Human Resource and/or Payroll) or a University degree in Human Resources, or equivalent;
- Ten (10) years’ experience working within the payroll field, with relevant working within heavy construction projects;
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory role;
- Expert knowledge of a Human Resource Management System (JDE knowledge is an asset, along with other payroll systems);
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially in the use of Excel;
- Past experience with payroll application development – through recommendations and input;
- Knowledge of Project Labour Agreements, and their interpretations to payroll systems;
- Excellent communication skills in English - verbal / written;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong focus on customer service;
- Autonomous with the ability to work in a team-driven environment;
- Demonstrate rigor in the management of files;
- Ability to manage multiple files at once;
- Very good interpersonal skills;
- Capability of working with sensitive and confidential information
Please note this is a full time position based out of our project site in Argentia, NL.
Deadline for applications will be 9:00am on Monday November 18, 2019.
Companies and contractors hiring for the West White Rose project are required to follow the principles set out in the Atlantic Accord legislation, which requires that “individuals residing in the Province shall be given first consideration for training and employment in the work program”.
SDP is equally committed to providing access to employment of qualified candidates to ensure an equitable and diversified workplace.