This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a Pipefitter to join the nuclear team in Oak Ridge, TN.
- Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems, pipe supports and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and industrial production and processing systems, applying knowledge of system operation and following blueprints.
- Selects type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Plans installation or repair to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities of other workers.
- Cuts pipe, using saws, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe, using pipe threading machine.
- Bends pipe, using pipe bending tools and pipe bending machine.
- Assembles and installs variety of metal and nonmetal pipes, tubes and fittings, including iron, steel, copper and plastic.
- Connects pipes, using threaded, caulked, soldered, brazed, fused or cemented joints and hand tools.
- Secures pipes to structure with brackets, clamps and hangers using hand tools and power tools.
- Strong safety awareness
- Capable of performing self-directed, skill of craft work
- Ability to read blueprints and layout drawings
- Able to lift/carry 50 lbs
- Able to push/pull up to 50 lbs
- Able to perform frequent standing, bending, twisting, crawling, kneeling, squatting, climbing, reaching and grasping
- Able to work shifts and overtime as required
- 5 years of experience working in DOE facilities
- Radworker II qualified with respirator certification
- Ability to obtain DOE L or Q security clearance
- Capable of being qualified under a DOE Human Reliability Program
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles