Piping Material Engineer/ Specialist
We are currently accepting resumes for Piping Material Engineer / Specialist for upcoming work.
Why join us?
Piping Material Engineer / Specialist will report to the Project Piping Engineering Lead and is responsible for specifications for piping material of construction include pipe, valves, fittings, flanges, bolts/nuts, gaskets, branch conventions, fabrication criteria (PWHT), and installation criteria.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Communicate effectively with clients and meet deadlines
- Facilitate and orchestrate technical discussions with client, engineering disciplines and vendors to provide solutions for variety of technical issues
- Provide technical choices, propose optimizations to reduce cost and lead times as called by the project
- Organized and able to work without direction
- Create and/or develop piping material specification, review client documents, specifications, requirements and its applicable international codes and standards
- Calculate, verify pipe wall thickness, branch reinforcing pad requirements, and other mechanical calculations as required by related codes and standards
- Create material requisitions and data sheets and ensure its compliance with client’s requirements, international standards
- Create valve specification reports for bulk valves, and establish its applicable extent of inspection
- Evaluate vendors’ bid proposals, quotations and issue technical bid evaluation reports
- Check, verify isometric drawings for bill of materials integrity and compliance to standard drawings
- Manage and maintain piping MTO for material estimation and purchasing
- Coordinate with engineering systems to ensure integrity of RDB, support to clean-up conflicts for piping models
- Review and verify key vendor documents (e.g. drawings, calculations, procedures, fabrication schedule and status)
- Provide key solutions to resolve piping RFIs and queries from project site
- Able to communicate detailed design issues effectively with suppliers, clients, and other engineering disciplines
- Work on internal processes consistent with corporate standards and policies, and also a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Prepare estimates and schedules of work from inception to completion of projects
- Issue reports, drawings and other documents as directed/required
- Excellent written communication skills
- Prepare, develop departmental standards, procedures and workflow guidelines for piping material team
- Mentor, advise and train young piping engineers throughout project execution
- Visit vendor’s shop/premises with quality control inspection team, attend kick-off and alignment meetings
What will you contribute?
- 15+ years of relevant experience on oil & gas projects in Canada, preferably with small to mid-sized EPC companies
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) designation with APEGA
- Brown field project experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently or in a group environment
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
- A safe and healthy work environment
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com